Friday, November 28, 2008


What Does Your Taste in Music Say About You?

Not sure about my purported athleticism, but the first question asked me what I'd rather hear in a bar; I chose rock. The second, a concert: folk. The third, a long drive with classical. The fourth, the genre preferred was punk. Granted the lack of alternatives or nuance of multiple choices, I guess I dumbfounded the therapy-bot.

We had three couples last night for Thanksgiving. One couple: both pro musicians. The next, one pro. The third, both amateurs. My sons: by one guest one learned flute and one the clarinet, now by another guest one's mastering the guitar. For me, although I learned the rudiments of the tin whistle a while back when my boys began tootling, I'm really a listener. But, as that's how I met my dear wife, a perk!

Thanks to Stephen R. McEvoy's "Book Reviews & More" blog for this link to a 4-question quiz at "Blogthings".

Your musical tastes are intense and rebellious.
You are intelligent... but in a very unconventional way.

You are curious about the world. You love doing something new.
In fact, you enjoy taking risks and doing things most people would shy away from.

You are very physical. It's likely that you're athletic, but not into team sports.
You have the soul of an artist. Beauty and harmony are important to you.


Graphic by Ciaran Hughes: It's pretty dull searching for "iPod listening," but better than "music listening" imagery. This came up around pg. 18! Richard Gray, 10 Apr. 2008, [London] Telegraph. "Apple to turn down volume on iPod."

No comments: